Meal #4 of Eat Healthy for (Busy) People :
Spinach-Garlic Pan-Seared Pork
How long ( in reality) : 45 Minutes ( including clean-up)
What it takes:
- Pork Loin
- Frozen Stew Vegetables ( Carrots, Potatoes, Onions, etc.)
- Can of Carrots
- Frozen Spinach
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Let’s cook and get back to work!
- Grab your deep sauce pan/skillet throw in the frozen spinach, stew vegetables and can of carrots. Put it on Medium-low heat. Add about a mug or small glass worth of water.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Cover a cooking sheet or deep pan in aluminum foil. ( God’s gift to cleaning up)
- Wash off your pork loin and cut it into cubes/chunks and toss it in a bowl with salt, pepper and garlic powder. ( go heavy on the garlic powder)
- Grab another skillet, drop in a bit of olive oil ( don’t go crazy). Set it to medium-heat. Throw in the pork and occasionally push it around for 4 minutes(ish)
- Drop all the pork on your foil covered sheet and put in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Take the pork out and put in a bowl , then throw in the veggie/spinach mixture and toss it up!
Tons of veggies and minimal oil pork. Its gotta be healthy!
Now, Do some quick cleaning of dishes( takes me 5 minutes), perhaps grab a chewy bar ( my dessert of choice)
Damn, Feels good. Let’s get back to work.
About the Eat Healthy for (Busy) People Series
The Eat Healthy for (Busy) People series is my record ( and instructions) of how a insanely busy designer such as myself does not need to sacrifice good eating habits to get tons of stuff done.
These are simple and good-tasting recipes which I totally winged, so you can too!