Posted on Mar 18, 2012 | 0 comments
Alright, I’m not gonna lie. This grilled cheese takes more effort than previous entries. But, I promise the complex symphony of interesting flavors that happen are totally worth it. Besides, you can use it to impress the ladies( or gentleman) **Disclaimer** I have no idea if this sandwich can actually help your dating life **Disclaimer.
Take a deep breath. Let’s go.
1. First sprinkle each piece of bread with garlic powder and spread olive oil on it. Then cut your tomatoes in half and cut your cheese into reasonably thinish slices.
2. Now, some olive oil, garlic powder, oregano in a bowl and throw the cheese in it. Toss it around until the Oregano and oil is all up in the cheese’s business.
3. In standard grilled cheese protocol, heat up your skillet with copious amounts of butter on medium-low heat. Put down the slice with the cheese on it BUT NOT THE OTHER PIECE.
4. Get out another skillet or pan. ( If you only have 1 skillet, slide by a Walgreens and pick up a 7 dollar Teflon one, it will save your life someday.) Proceed with above mentioned butter protocol. And grill it in the skillet.
5. Cook the cheese pieces of bread slowly ( on low) until the cheese melts. Meanwhile, 2 – 3 minutes per side of the other bread should do it. Take it off the skillet when golden and buttery.
6. Now, sprinkle Salt and rub it with a tomato ( I know, sounds goofy but do it).
7. Now squirt some lemon juice on that piece.
8. Once the cheese is melted on the other slices, pull it off the skillet and combine immediately. Then prepare yourself for a litany of flavor!
Protip : Eat the halved tomatoes as a slightly salty and healthy snack! Its a good amount of effort but I think you’ll agree. Quite worth it.
Until next grilled cheese! Enjoy.