Hey. I’m a designer and I love eats.
Designer Eats may sound like a brand of fancy food ( or some crazy jeans) but its neither a “designer” brand nor as pretentious.
Designer Eats is a quest ( currently my personal quest) but none-the-less…a quest.
A Quest you say!
I am a web designer by profession. I find that I relax from “work” design by doing other usually non-work design. ( Busman’s holiday? You bet.)
I love to cook. At the end of the day, cooking is just as much design as websites or interfaces. ( Perhaps with more clear consequences. But I digress…)
Honestly, this site was born out of two pieces:
- I love cooking and enjoying food. There is joy in familiar food but great fun in new experiences. ( Bring on the dopamine!)
- I was working so much that I forgot to enjoy food ( and eat healthy). This was a terrible tragedy.
It turns out that eating/ordering out all the time while working a lot really beats back the novelty and your energy. It forces you to realize, that you could be doing this better, cheaper and faster.
What to expect:
- Healthy and delicious food adventures and recipes.
- Also, fun food that is possibly terrible for you ( but quite worth it)
- Clear and fairly easy to follow instructions
- Food Porn! I wouldn’t be much of a designer if I didn’t relish how good food can look when designed well.
- Probably, alcohol and coffee posts too.
- Possibly other designers who are also seeking food thrills.
What not to expect:
- Overly formal or generic tone.
- Highly specific recipes that are hard to make or take a long time.
- Ugly or bad-tasting food. ( unless its a warning!)
- Writing that doesn’t sound like I am talking to you.
- Lack of coffee.
I welcome you to my food paradise.
A bit about me