Posted on Mar 15, 2012 | 1 comment
Its not your average grilled cheese. But we are after food that will shake the very foundation of your creative being.
Brie and Marmalade on Cinnamon-Raisin may not sound like it works. But, it will surprise you.
1. Spread the Marmalade on each slice of bread.
2. Get the brie out. Remove the Crust. Drop some on each slice. ( Resist urge to eat brie right now…well, just don’t eat all of it right now.)
3. Get out a skillet or pan. Throw a generous amount of butter down and put it to medium-low ( err toward low, especially if you have gas burners)
4. Put the sandwich together and gingerly place it into the hot , crackling, and dangerous looking melted butter.
5. If you have gas burners, give it about 1 – 2 minutes for 1 side. Then flip it and give it another 1-2 minutes. Resist the urge to flip more than once per side! It matters.
If you have electric burners, it might take about 3 – 5 minutes ( if your stove can’t take the heat…) Just keep an eye on how melted the cheese is and how sticky it appears to be on the pan surface.
6. Pull it out , drop it on a plate and consume immediately! (Superior taste user experience when hot…)
Damn good isn’t it? Yeah, I saw your doubt before. But the Cinnamon-Raisin came through with flying colors.
Trust me, Designer Eats does not post bad-tasting food. ( It totally happens, but you don’ hear about it.)
Hopefully, your Grilled Cheese horizons have leveled up. Enjoy.
Until next Grilled cheese.